2019 prices from $10,490 for 16 Days
Tauck World Dicovery
The journey of a lifetime... 16 days exploring the best of China, filled with ancient treasures, a look at modern life, and discovering the world of the panda! Spend three nights in both Beijing and Chengdu, and two nights each in Xi’an, Yangshuo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong, where travels take you from the Great Wall to the dynamic cities that define China today.
Visit a breeding facility for giant pandas with an opportunity to hold a panda... enjoy a private talk with a conservation expert at Xi’an’s Terra Cotta Warriors Museum... go on a private tour, a rickshaw ride, and a visit with a family inside one of Beijing’s disappearing hutongs... and attend a magical “face-changing” Sichuan Opera performance.
Featuring stays at world-class hotels throughout, Odyssey in China: Beijing, Chengdu and Hong Kong includes three nights in Beijing for a guided walk along the Great Wall and visits to the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, and the mausoleum of Mao Zedong; Xi’an, with visits to Han Yang Ling Underground Mausoleum, the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, and Shaanxi Museum as well as a dim sum lunch.
Visit Yangshuo, where a traditional boat cruise takes you along the tranquil Li River and you attend an interactive cooking demonstration; Chengdu, for a visit to Chengdu Panda Base; a hot pot lunch; and an excursion to Leshan to see the 233 ft.-tall Giant Buddha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; Shanghai, where you'll visit Yu Gardens, the Urban Planning Center, and Shanghai Museum; take a walk to see historic shikumen homes; and view an acrobatic performance; and marvellous Hong Kong for rides on the Star Ferry, a private double-decker bus, and a funicular tram to the top of Victoria Peak.
Travelling Well Includes:
- Visit to the Chengdu Panda Base, a conservation and breeding center for the vulnerable Giant Panda – with an opportunity to hold a panda
- Tauck Exclusive private talk with a conservation expert at the Terra Cotta Warriors museum in Xi’an
- Insider experience in one of Beijing’s traditional hutong neighborhoods, including a rickshaw ride and a visit with a local family
- Ancient “face-changing” Sichuan Opera performance in Chengdu and an excursion to the Giant Buddha of Leshan
- Visits to the Han Yang Ling Underground Museum and the Shaanxi History Museum
- Traditional boat cruise along the Li River and an interactive cooking demonstration
- Introduction to Shanghai at the Shanghai Urban Planning Center
- Authentic dining experiences at local restaurants
- Performance of Shanghai's daring, hi-tech ERA acrobatic show
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- 34 meals (15 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners) with gratuities to local guides, taxes, service charges, and admission fees
Terms and Conditions apply. Departures in April, May, September and October 2019. Please contact us for more information.