2019 prices from $21,990 for 16 Days
Created by Tauck and BBC Earth.
From the Big Five to silverbacked Mountain Gorillas, wildlife is the draw on this 16-day safari in Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda where game drives and mountain treks reward with once-in-a-lifetime encounters with animals, both endemic and endangered. All departures are small groups, limited to 24 guests. Special experiences include custom film vignettes created by BBC Earth exclusively for Tauck; a private catered lunch in Ngorongoro Crater; private lecture on famous elephants of Amboseli and anti-poaching efforts; a hot air balloon ride at dawn followed by a champagne breakfast in the bush; and a guided gorilla trek in Volcanoes National Park for a one-hour gorilla family visit and a private lecture on conservation programs underway in Rwanda.
Tanzania – An overnight stay in Arusha, two nights overlooking Ngorongoro Crater and two nights at a safari lodge in the heart of the Serengeti set the stage for morning and afternoon game drives with ample opportunity to spot the Big Five: buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and the endangered rare black rhinoceros.
Kenya – A two-night stay in Amboseli National Park, two nights at an elite safari club straddling the Equator and three nights in luxury tented accommodations in Masai Mara National Reserve include game drives, Maasai traditions, orphaned chimps, elephant insights, a hot air balloon ride, and a boma dinner.
Rwanda – A strenuous but exhilarating trek in Volcanoes National Park leads to encounters few will ever have when silverback gorilla families share their natural habitat with the privileged few for a limited time. Visits to the Dian Fossey Museum, the Genocide Museum and a coffee cooperative and a lecture by a gorilla conservation expert enrich a three-night stay in Rwanda. Accommodations include Serena Safari Lodges in Ngorongoro Crater and Amboseli National Park; Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti, ideally located in the heart of the park; Fairmont’s Mount Kenya and Masai Mara Clubs – elite, luxury accommodations; and two nights in Ruhengeri, Rwanda, at the base of Volcanoes National Park, for easy access to gorilla trek and the Dian Fossey Museum.
Travelling Well Includes:
- All small group departures
- On-tour film vignettes custom-made for Tauck by BBC Earth natural history experts and other select BBC Earth touches
- Intimate safari groups limited to just 24 Tauck guests; game drives in 6-passenger, open-top vehicles with window seats for everyone, led by expert guides
- Multiple-night stays in the legendary Serengeti National Park, Masai Mara game reserve, and Amboseli National Park, with daily game drives
- Hot air balloon ride at dawn over the Masai Mara game reserve, followed by a champagne breakfast in the bush
- Private lecture by an elephant researcher in Amboseli National Park
- Visits to Ol Pejeta Conservancy; Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary; the William Holden Wildlife Education Center; the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund Museum; and Kigali’s Genocide Memorial Museum
- Overnight in a lodge built into the rim of Ngorongoro Crater, called Africa’s “Garden of Eden,” for its great views of the wildlife-rich wilderness and one of the oldest sites of habitation by our human predecessors
- Private barbecue dinner under the stars at Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
- Weaving demonstration in a Kenyan village
- A private Gorilla Trek in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park to interact with endangered Mountain Gorillas
- A two-night stay at the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club within view of Mount Kenya
- On-Tour Air (5 flights)
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- 44 meals (15 breakfasts, 15 lunches, 14 dinners); gratuities to local guides, service charges, admissions fees, taxes & porterage
Terms and Conditions apply. Departures in May, August and December 2019. Please contact us for more information.